Athlete Mental Health | Reggie Walker On The Game Within The Game
Don’t run from the truth. Examine yourself. Understand how to play the game within the game. Reggie Walker, ex-NFL LB & Captain shares space with Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, the host of the AthMindset podcast series on SportsEpreneur.
Reggie Walker is a mental, physical, and sexual abuse survivor and survivor advocate. He is a TEDx Speaker | Board Member of 1in6.org. Reggie is an entrepreneur and the author of the book, “The Game Within The Game”.
Reggie and Lisa discuss:
Transitioning out of football | suicide | trauma | life or death | fight or flight | don’t run from the truth | your mind as an asset or your own worst enemy | sitting with yourself | reasons to live | walking | so much more.
This is an essential episode for athletes, those supporting athletes, and those looking to better understand athletes. Reggie is a helper. And it’s obvious five minutes into this conversation how special of a person Reggie is. We’re blessed to have him on the AthMindset / SportsEpreneur platform.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW
- Reggie Walker’s book on Amazon | The Game Within The Game
- KazCM Podcast Production
More content on Football and Mental Health:
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- SE19 | Chimdi Chekwa | Ohio State Buckeye For Real
- Gary Brackett & David West | Locker Room to Board Room
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “Reggie Walker on the Game Within the Game”.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you take in your podcasts!
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
- This article and podcast originally appeared on SportsEpreneur.